Tuesday, June 1, 2010



this photo reminded me of the days i spent in london studying for my classes, all the while sitting on my window ledge, my bare leg slung outside, and my little cup of PG Tips right by my side. never in my life had i had such a wonderful and pleasurable study session, where i could mull over the complications of the british parliamentary system as i enjoyed the soft chilly breeze coming in from kensington gardens, the sounds of the little french kids running to school in their matching violet uniforms, the sudden brakes from the meandering red double deckers that snaked in intervals throughout south kensington...

i can't get over it. i miss this city just far too much. i want to go back so badly.
yet, i can't help but wonder if it was being with the people i was there with that made the city so incredible. they became a sort of second family for me while i was there... and yet i did manage to spend a lot of time on my own. it's not difficult, nor is it something i hate doing. london definitely allows you the freedom to merely wander about, there's just so much to see and do all the time! i just fear that, if i do somehow, in some amazing way, end up having the opportunity to go back, or even to move there, that my entire experience would just be completely different. as in, BAD.
maybe initially, when i first get adjusted and everything... but man. even despite that... every part of my body, my soul, my HEART aches for the precious few months i was there. the only thing i would change about it? i'd bring every single one of my loved ones, the fams, B, everyone, just so i could share with them everything crazy and exciting that i had experienced living in such a cosmopolitan city...

some day. just wait.



photos courtesy of garance & thinkquest.

No comments:

Post a Comment