Sunday, October 27, 2013

my lucky charms




There are many things in my life right now that I need to focus on. The fact that I need to be my own person again, to be able to work on myself...

But the most important thing I need to focus on is all the wonderful blessings I've been gifted with.

1. My immediate family, supporting all my stupid and crazy decisions (biting their tongue throughout them all), but most importantly being there for me whenever I fall flat on my face as a result of said crazy and stupid decisions.

2. My extended family out here, supporting me financially and emotionally. In the thick and thin of it all, I've always been able to count on my aunties and uncles for all their incredible love they've showered me with. I could not have asked for a better home away from home.

3. My cousins, especially the young and innocent ones who bring me back down to earth. They've taught me about patience, of kindness, of being able to understand personalities and working/playing together without judgement. I'm exposed to a kind of safe and comforting environment that I thought I had left back in LA, and it's just safe to say there's nothing quite like the wonderful joys of childhood.

4. My friends who are still there for me through the thick and thin of it all, supporting my crazy and sometimes stupid decisions, wholeheartedly cheering me on all the way.

In spite of whatever may happen to me, I am grounded knowing I am surrounded by such amazing and wonderful people. I am truly blessed.

xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment